Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dumpster Diving Adventure!!

So yesterday I did something I've NEVER done, well not really... Yesterday I was going to pick up my friend, Melanie, from her apartment and she lives in a "lower income" apartment, it use to be a mill and it's like the coolest apartments ever in my opinion, but I can't live there because the don't allow college students... -_- Anyways... 


BECAUSE it is a lower income apartment complex people get evicted all the time and they toss all their furniture to the dumpster... soooo... I decided to take some home... (the stuff I got wasn't actually IN the dumpster) I got a mirror, which is now in my house chillin' in my room and the top half of a tv entertainment center... don't ask me where the bottom went.. ?!?! But I couldn't fit it in my car (I need to get a big car) so we wheeled it all the way to her 3rd floor apartment where she's letting me keep it for a little while till I can get my parents to get in their car and take it back to my home home (non-school home)





Not sure how I'm going to fix the Tv thing, I was thinking of making it into like an armoire?
 Idk... any ideas???


Btw, excuse the mess in my room in the mirrors.. I was in the process of cleaning yesterday too. Oh and this mirror I sware is made of LEAD! It is the heaviest thing ever! And I'm strong for a girl (or pretty much anyone for that matter) I have no idea how I would hang it if I ever wanted to. Idk that im going to refinish the mirror, it actually still looks very nice..



So Melanie and I decided that we were going to make this a regular thing and she would tell me when there was cool furniture out there! WOOH! Free stuff! haha..

 Have you ever gone dumpster diving? Am I the only crazy person out there? Let me know! Comment! What did you find??

No comments:

Post a Comment